Pregnancy is such a blessing and every woman deserves a pleasant experience during this magical time. Many women often find themselves suffering from major symptoms and counting down the days until it is over. If you are one of these women, you are probably wondering how some women absolutely love being pregnant.
Well, the secret is out: Prenatal Chiropractic Care.
There are many conditions during pregnancy that chiropractic care can help improve. Here are the top five conditions we treat:
1. Low back pain: It has been reported that approximately 50% of all pregnant women experience back pain during their pregnancy and 50% to 75% of women experience back pain during labor. Low back pain during pregnancy is caused by increased stress on the lumbar spine by an anterior shift in the center of gravity. Pregnancy is tough on the body’s skeletal structure, especially as the baby continues to grow. The added weight changes posture and spinal curvature. Chiropractic care focuses on proper alignment of the spine and nervous system function, and adjustments can help prevent and relieve the back pain associated with pregnancy. A 2003 study indicated that 75% of pregnant patients who received chiropractic care during their pregnancies stated that they found relief from pain.
2. Sciatica: The nerves in our lower back travel down our legs all the way to our toes. So if you are experiencing low back pain, sciatica could be right around the corner. Sciatica is caused by irritation of the nerves in the lower spine. When the bones in our spine shift out of proper alignment (also known as a subluxation), those bones put pressure on the nerve roots causing them to become inflamed. With the added weight, physical stress, and emotional stress that comes with pregnancy, sciatica has become prominent for many pregnant women. Although sciatica can be present during all trimesters, it is most common in the third trimester. However, to ensure you have the most comfortable pregnancy, you should start consistent prenatal chiropractic care as soon as possible.
3. Nausea: Chiropractic care will not only make your back feel better, but it aligns the spine so that your nervous system can function optimally. Chiropractic care has been shown to lessen the frequency and severity of morning sickness in many expecting mothers. If nausea and vomiting are caused by a subluxation, a chiropractic adjustment will help remedy the problem.
4. Weakened Immune System: Our goal with chiropractic care is to allow the body to heal from the inside out by removing interruptions in the nervous system caused by spinal misalignments. When the nerves allow the brain and the body to communicate seamlessly, the body can work as it was designed to do. Chiropractic helps ensure a healthy immune system for both mom and baby, whose immune systems are very intimately connected during pregnancy. Don’t stress about finding safe medications to take while pregnant. Chiropractic care is a safe, all-natural alternative for pregnant women.
5. Breech Presentation: Currently, the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) recommends that women receive chiropractic care throughout pregnancy to establish pelvic balance to allow room for the baby to develop and grow throughout pregnancy. With this, babies have a greater chance of moving into the proper position for birth. Dr. Evan is certified in the Webster Technique, which means that he has completed extensive education and training to work specifically with pelvic balance in pregnancy.
Start Pregnancy Chiropractic Care in Mount Juliet, TN
Chiropractic care has guided many women through their pregnancy journey. Women have had such great results that they often continue care after labor and delivery. Dr. Evan specializes in prenatal, postnatal and newborn care.
Start your journey today by scheduling a free consultation with Dr. Evan!